On September 25, 2015, the 193 countries that make up the United Nations committed to the SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs) and their fulfillment by 2030.
The goals pursue equality among people, protect the planet and ensure prosperity as part of a new sustainable development agenda. A new global social contract that leaves no one behind.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development proposes 17 Sustainable Development Goals with 169 goals of an integrated and indivisible nature that cover the economic, social and environmental spheres.
The development and industrialization of the innovative technological solution LIFE Multi-AD, capable of treating and recovering the wastewater of agro-food SMEs producing biogas, will directly contribute to the achievement of the SDGs:
06. Ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. The LIFE Multi-AD technological solution will treat wastewater through the application of an anaerobic system, a process considered one of the most sustainable alternatives in wastewater treatment.
07. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. The anaerobic LIFE Multi-AD process will enhance the organic load of the wastewater by producing biogas, which will be used as a renewable energy source, reducing the Carbon Footprint.
08. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all. The innovative LIFE Multi-AD solution is being developed by a European consortium of 5 companies from Spain, Romania and France.
09. Develop resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation. LIFE Multi-AD will industrialize a high performance high performance multi-stage anaerobic reactor, based on the AEMA patent (ES-2541078), which will be fully automated.
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. The LIFE Multi-AD solution, with a treatment capacity of up to 120 m3 / day, will be demonstrated its technical, economic and environmental viability in a DOCa Rioja winery (Spain).
12. Guarantee sustainable consumption and production patterns. LIFE Multi-AD will contribute to the development of strategies on efficiency in the use of resources based on the framework of production models under Circular Economy.